Tech Trainee (Automotive Service Intern)
|Job Category||Vehicle Service|
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect What You'll Do
- As a Tech Trainee you are working on one of the most progressive vehicles in the world. This position is customer facing, so solid customer service skills combined with exceptional "hands on" technical ability go hand in hand. This position is located at the service center. Communication is highly important. Excellent Oral and Written communication required. If you are able to deliver strong customer satisfaction consistently, are motivated and a team player, we are interested in speaking with you. Relevant military service may be substituted for industry experience, and military veterans are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Bring
- Performs entry-level work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles.
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
- Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and certifications.
- Perform Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) of new cars.
- Maintain records of time and materials.
- Maintain inventory of shop supplies and parts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Help maintain vehicle cleanliness of customer cars.
- Support lead technicians as needed.
- Knowledge of: Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles. Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools, shop tools, and automotive and electrical test equipment.
- Efficient skills in basic automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles.
- Support Parts & Front of House operations as needed or on a rotational basis
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Post-secondary automotive education (or equivalent military service experience) preferred but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record and insurable.
- Must be capable of reporting to training location or local service center as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail.
- Be able to work in a team-based environment and achieve set goals.
- Must have a "safety first" attitude.
- Familiar understanding of the English language.
- Basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and using standard applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site (free step by step ). Please contact for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.